Sun Mountain Gun Club
Sun Mountain Gun Club
Whether you are just learning how to shoot or you are an accomplished marksman, owners Richard and Kim Iverson invite you to the family-owned and operated Sun Mountain Gun Club. Sun Mountain Gun Club strives to give all skill levels top-notch shooting practice in a spectacular natural setting and to provide a safe, fun environment to enjoy the great outdoors. The gun club is nestled in the beautiful foothills of Coarsegold just south of Yosemite National Park.
We accept Visa and Mastercard for all services.
There are always drinks, chips, cookies & snacks for sale.
32868 Shotgun Lane
Coarsegold, CA. 93614
P.O. Box 1895
Thursday-Sunday 9am-4 pm
Wednesday & Earlier/Later Hours-
By Appointment Only
March 2017 Newsletter
-Monthly Shoot Out – 10:00 a.m. *All are welcome to participate* One round of sporting clays and one round of wobble trap – ONLY $40! (Must be a member of SMGC to be eligible for money/end of year awards) Call for details: (559)683-3669
-CCW Class (Dennis Forleo) 9:00 a.m. Call for details: (559)683-3669
-CCW Class (John Canaday) 1:00 p.m. Call for details: (559)683-3669
-CCW Class (Sheriffs Class) 9:00 a.m. Call for details: (559)683-3669
March 19th & 26th
- Club CLOSED due to Winter Trap League
March 17th – 19th & March 24th – 26th
-Pistol Bays & Rifle Range CLOSED. We apologize for any inconvenience!
March 30th, 31st, & April 1st
- Trap Fields CLOSED due to Side x Side State Shoot
In The News
– NO Pistol Match in March. Pistol Match (Set up 8:00 a.m.) *Pistol Bays/Rifle Range CLOSED during shoot. Family friendly match. Beginners and Inexperienced shooters welcome. Registration starts at 8:30 am. Shooting starts at 9:30am.
– It’s a good idea to call ahead and make a reservation for pistol bays and rifle range
– Sporting Clay Lesson by Dan Whitehead – NSCA Certified Level 3 Instructor. Call 559-285-9754 for appointments
– April 8th – Club CLOSED due to Ronald McDonald House Charity Shoot
– Save the Date! 5th Annual Blast for Badgers Sporting Clay Fundraiser June 10th!
Attention Pistol & Rifle Shooters!
We have had an increasing problem with members not picking up their casings. We’re also having problems with people shooting shotguns with bird shot at our stands which demolishes the sticks and cardboard quickly. Only slugs may be shot at our pistol/rifle range, absolutely no bird shot allowed! You are REQUIRED to check out with us in the office when you are done. Failure to abide by the rules may result in your membership being revoked. Thank you for your cooperation!
Open 9 a.m.-4 p.m. THUR-SUN
Monday-Wednesday and earlier hours – by appointment only (Must call during open hours)
Would you like to advertise in the Sun Mountain Newsletter? Contact us for pricing and info.