Sun Mountain Gun Club
Sporting Clays, Trap, 5-stand, 35 yard pistol & 100-200 yard rifle bays. Whether you are just learning how to shoot or you are an accomplished marksmen, owners Richard and Kim Iverson invite you to the family-owned and operated Sun Mountain Gun Club for a run and safe shooting experience. Sun mountain gun club strives to give all skill levels top-notch shooting practice in a spectacular natural setting and to provide a safe, fun environment to enjoy the great outdoors.
What We Offer
The club has two voice-activated trap fields, including single, double wobble, doubles and 5 stand. The Sporting Clay course has 10 regularly updated stations with an A and B course. We also have three 35 yard pistol bays and a rifle range featuring 100 and 200 years.
The Gun Club is nestled in the beautiful foothills of Coarsegold just south of Yosemite National Park. It is also located 5 minutes away from the Chukchansi Resort and Casino. The Club is approximately 30 miles north of Fresno, CA on Highway 41. From Highway 41: Turn east onto Road 417 (Picyune Road) and go approximately 4 miles to the end of the road.
We accept Visa and MasterCard for all services.
There are always drinks, chips, cookies & snacks for sale.
32868 Shotgun Lane
Coarsegold, CA. 93614
P.O. Box 1895
Phone: (559) 683-3669
May 2017 Newsletter
– The May Blast NSCA Sporting Clay Shoot
Call for details: (559)683-3669
– Monthly Shoot Out – 10:00 a.m. *All are welcome to participate* One round of sporting clays and one round of wobble trap – ONLY $40! (Must be a member of SMGC to be eligible for money/end of year awards) Call for details: (559)683-3669
– CLOSED for Mother’s Day Call for details: (559)683-3669
– CCW Class (Dennis Forleo) 9:00 a.m. Call for details: (559)683-3669
– CCW Class (Sheriff’s Class) 9:00 a.m. Call for details: (559)683-3669
– Pistol Match *Pistol Bays/Rifle Range CLOSED during shoot. Family friendly match. Beginners and Inexperienced shooters welcome. Registration starts at 8:30 am. Shooting starts at 9:30am. Call for details: (559)683-3669
-Blast For Badgers information. Call for details: (559)683-3669
Become a Member
- Lifetime Full Membership $600
- *Full/Family Membership (Shotgun Sports, Rifle, Pistol) $125 Per Year
- Partial Membership (Pistol & Rifle Only) $75 per year
- Active Duty (Full Membership) $10
- Corporate Memberships Available
*Family Includes Spouses and Children Living at Home.
In The News
— It’s a good idea to call ahead and make a reservation for pistol bays and rifle range
— Sporting Clay Lesson by Dan Whitehead – NSCA Certified Level 3 Instructor. Call 559-285-9754 for appointments
— Save the Date! 5th Annual Blast for Badgers Sporting Clay Fundraiser June 10th!
–Stay Tuned for our new summer hours, coming soon!
–We are no longer taking reservations for the pistol/rifle range during our closed days (Mon.-Wed.). We apologize for any inconvenience.
Attention Pistol & Rifle Shooters!
Beginning in July, we will no longer be providing the stands (sticks and cardboard) for the ranges. You have the option of purchasing them from us for $5.00 or you are welcome to bring your own. If you choose to bring your own, they must be no taller than 5 feet and cardboard must be two feet above the ground. Our bases are 26 inches wide. If you choose to purchase the stands from us, you are welcome to take them and reuse them as many times as you’d like. We will now allow shotguns to be shot on the pistol/rifle ranges as long as you pick up your hulls and wads. Thank You.
Open 9 a.m.-4 p.m. THUR-SUN
Monday-Wednesday and earlier hours – by appointment only (Must call during open hours)
Would you like to advertise in the Sun Mountain Newsletter? Contact us for pricing and info.