Sun Mountain Gun Club
Sporting Clays, Trap, 5-stand, 35 yard pistol & 100-200 yard rifle bays. Whether you are just learning how to shoot or you are an accomplished marksmen, owners Richard and Kim Iverson invite you to the family-owned and operated Sun Mountain Gun Club for a run and safe shooting experience. Sun mountain gun club strives to give all skill levels top-notch shooting practice in a spectacular natural setting and to provide a safe, fun environment to enjoy the great outdoors.
What We Offer
The club has two voice-activated trap fields, including single, double wobble, doubles and 5 stand. The Sporting Clay course has 10 regularly updated stations with an A and B course. We also have three 35 yard pistol bays and a rifle range featuring 100 and 200 years.
The Gun Club is nestled in the beautiful foothills of Coarsegold just south of Yosemite National Park. It is also located 5 minutes away from the Chukchansi Resort and Casino. The Club is approximately 30 miles north of Fresno, CA on Highway 41. From Highway 41: Turn east onto Road 417 (Picyune Road) and go approximately 4 miles to the end of the road.
We accept Visa and MasterCard for all services.
There are always drinks, chips, cookies & snacks for sale.
32868 Shotgun Lane
Coarsegold, CA. 93614
P.O. Box 1895
Phone: (559) 683-3669
April 2017 Newsletter
March 30th-April 2nd
– Side x Side State Shoot *Trap fields Closed during shoot and will reopen 4/2 Call for details: (559)683-3669
– Monthly Shoot Out – 10:00 a.m. *All are welcome to participate* One round of sporting clays and one round of wobble trap – ONLY $40! (Must be a member of SMGC to be eligible for money/end of year awards). Call for details: (559)683-3669
– Ronald McDonald House Charity Shoot *Club Closed*. Call for details: (559)683-3669
– CCW Class (Sheriffs Class) 9:00 a.m. Call for details: (559)683-3669
– CCW Class (Dennis Forleo) 9:00 a.m. Call for details: (559)683-3669
– CLOSED for Easter Call for details: (559)683-3669
-April 21st. Sporting Clays closed for a private shoot. Call for details: (559)683-3669
-April 22nd CCW Class (John Canaday) 1:00 p.m.
-April 23rd. Pistol Match (Set up 8:00 a.m.) *Pistol Bays/Rifle Range CLOSED during shoot.
Family friendly match. Beginners and Inexperienced shooters welcome. Registration starts at 8:30 am. Shooting starts at 9:30am.
Become a Member
- Lifetime Full Membership $600
- *Full/Family Membership (Shotgun Sports, Rifle, Pistol) $125 Per Year
- Partial Membership (Pistol & Rifle Only) $75 per year
- Active Duty (Full Membership) $10
- Corporate Memberships Available
*Family Includes Spouses and Children Living at Home.
In The News
— NO Pistol Match in March. Pistol Match (Set up 8:00 a.m.) *Pistol Bays/Rifle Range CLOSED during shoot. Family friendly match. Beginners and Inexperienced shooters welcome. Registration starts at 8:30 am. Shooting starts at 9:30am.
— It’s a good idea to call ahead and make a reservation for pistol bays and rifle range
— Sporting Clay Lesson by Dan Whitehead – NSCA Certified Level 3 Instructor. Call 559-285-9754 for appointments
— April 8th – Club CLOSED due to Ronald McDonald House Charity Shoot
— Save the Date! 5th Annual Blast for Badgers Sporting Clay Fundraiser June 10th!
Attention Pistol & Rifle Shooters!
We have had an increasing problem with members not picking up their casings. We’re also having problems with people shooting shotguns with bird shot at our stands which demolishes the sticks and cardboard quickly. Only slugs may be shot at our pistol/rifle range, absolutely no bird shot allowed! You are REQUIRED to check out with us in the office when you are done. Failure to abide by the rules may result in your membership being revoked. Thank you for your cooperation!
Open 9 a.m.-4 p.m. THUR-SUN
Monday-Wednesday and earlier hours – by appointment only (Must call during open hours)
Would you like to advertise in the Sun Mountain Newsletter? Contact us for pricing and info.